How to Make an Egg Splat Ball!
Keeping kids entertained and engaged can be daunting, especially during long weekends or vacations. But as a parent or caregiver, keeping them busy with fun and meaningful activities that help them learn and grow is essential.
One such activity that can accomplish both is making an egg splat ball. It is a fun craft that kids of all ages can enjoy and teaches them about the fascinating science behind elasticity.
In this article, we’ll guide you through How to Make an Egg Splat Ball? and the step-by-step process of making an egg splat ball.
So grab your little ones, and let’s get started!
How to Make an Egg Splat Ball Step-by-step process
Before we dive into the process, let’s take a look at the materials you’ll need:
- Raw Eggs
- Balloons (small or medium-sized)
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Start by taking your balloon and cutting off the narrow end. Make sure to leave enough room for the egg to fit inside.
- Next, use the funnel to pour some water into the balloon. You only need a small amount, about one-third of the way full.
- Now comes the fun part – add some food coloring to the water. This step is optional but adds a nice touch to the egg splat ball.
- After adding the food coloring, it’s time to crack the egg into the balloon. Hold the balloon over a bowl and crack the egg into it. Make sure to do this gently to avoid breaking the yolk.
- Once the egg is in the balloon, use the spoon to mix it with the colored water. Be gentle and make sure not to burst the balloon.
- Now it’s time to tie the balloon. Make sure to tie it tightly and double-knot it to avoid any leakage.
- Take the marker and draw a face or any design you like on the balloon. This step is optional but makes the egg splat ball more fun and personalized.
- Finally, it’s time to play! Toss the egg splat ball gently against a flat surface and watch it splat and bounce back. You can also have fun squeezing it and feeling the texture of the egg inside.
While making an egg splat ball is a fun and easy activity, taking some safety precautions is essential to avoid any mishaps.
- Make sure to use raw eggs and not boiled eggs. Boiled eggs may explode inside the balloon and cause a mess.
- Be gentle when cracking the egg into the balloon to avoid breaking the yolk.
- Always supervise your kids while making and playing with the egg splat ball.
- Avoid throwing the egg splat ball too hard or against fragile surfaces to avoid any damage.
Making an egg splat ball is an enjoyable and educational activity that helps kids understand the science of elasticity. It’s a simple and fun craft that requires minimal materials and can keep your little ones entertained for hours.
We hope this guide has helped you learn how to make an egg splat ball with your kids. So next time you’re looking for a fun and meaningful activity together, try this craft!